This is a pretty short update, as we really haven't had much "news" to report lately.
Hunter and I have been cooking and baking a LOT the last few weeks and have been coming up with some great creations! Last night we made Cookies and Cream Cupcakes with Blue (his choice of course) Marshmallow frosting. They were delicious (although I must say a bit too sweet to eat more than one.) Pictures and recipes to come in tomorrow's post :)
On another note, Jon is still looking for work and my hours at the store have been cut back too. It's looking like we won't be able to get our own place or qualify to keep the one we have once the lease is up, so we've started packing this week. As I go through all the items we've accumulated over the past 9 months, I am proud to say that we didn't really buy many "extras" or stuff we "wanted but didn't REALLY need." That, paired with the fact that I kept the place fairly clean, hopefully will make this move pretty seamless. Every item I have packed away has been thoroughly examined so that I am sure not to pack anything I don't need or love. Already I have blessed people with clothes, decorations, and a few knick-knacks that never really had a purpose or that I didn't love. My rule is "If I don't absolutely love it or use it at least once a season, it's gone!" Why keep stuff around that's just going to make me feel more guilty everytime I look at it, for not using it? What a great opportunity to look at all the "stuff" and purge! I like my life simple and only want to be surrounded by the things that actually mean something to our family.
I got the best information from this website for moving and am ready to do this! More updates tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment