Hunter scored big from Santa this year! He got his very first BB gun, lots of IronMan stuff, and a Lightning McQueen Game for the Wii.
Brooklyn was such a doll the entire day!
And finally wore herself out.
I got a great new cookbook from Mom called "The Pioneer Woman," by Ree Drummond and have been using it since the day after Christmas! So many wonderful recipes in this book that I think my diet may have to wait ;)
The first meal I cooked from the book was a Southern Dish called Migas. It's a delicious blend of onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, crispy fried tortilla strips, tomatoes and eggs with a little half & half that makes my mouth water just thinking about it. We have since enjoyed a delicious Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes, a Melt-in-Your-Mouth Steak Sandwich and heavenly Angel Sugar Cookies. I think I have found my calling! Cooking, cleaning and raising my kids sounds like my paradise :) The cookbook gives me hope that I too could produce a wonderful collection of recipes I've made up myself someday, for other women, or men, to enjoy! How fun that would be!? (More on my food adventures later!)
Mom, Dad & JD left for Mexico yesterday with the Hunnels, (I am extremely envious as I sit here watching the snow fall in Longmont...) They left just in time; we are supposed to get around 4 inches and temps in the negatives this week. I am requesting that they have at least 5 ChocoBanana Milkshakes for me and 7 slices (minimum) of the delicious pizza I am missing out on.
For now, everbody can take a deep breath and just relax. The hustle and bustle of Christmas has come and gone, now onto the excitement of a New Year. Let's start fresh! What resolutions do you have this year? I will surely be thinking about mine as I go home tonight, cook a wonderful dinner for my beautiful family and reflect on what deserves the most attention in my life in the coming year. Happy New Year! See you in 2011!
~Savanah



No comments:
Post a Comment